1. #1

    Can I claim HRA exemption when it doesn't appear in Form 16?

    Dear all.

    1.) in the beginning of fy 10-11 i have given a declaration of my rent paid/payable for the whole yr which do reflects in my pay slips as well.
    But, in jan 2011, i changed the company.

    2.) i could not send the rent receipt copy (from april 2010- dec 2010) to my previous employer for fy 10-11.

    3.) the form 16 for fy 10-11 which my previous employer issued me was computed without the deduction of hra from the total income,
    irrespective of the declaration made in the beginning of fy 10-11.

    So,my question to you all is--

    1.) can i claim hra exemption in the total income for fy 10-11 on the basis of declaration made in the beginning of fy 10-11.(which reflects in pay slips as declared for the year)
    if yes, then what procedure to be followed. And,
    if no, then can it be rectified in any way.


+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-05-2013, 06:30 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-01-2013, 11:56 PM
  3. Can I claim tax exemption from the loan taken to build our new house?
    By Unregistered in forum Professional Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25-09-2012, 09:18 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-09-2012, 11:59 PM